3rd/4th GRADE DIVISIONS
- Two referees per game.
- Each team has 6 players, including the goalie. Coaches may opt for 7v7 if agreed on before the start of each game.
- The call for a foul will be made if the goalie holds the ball more than 6 seconds (indirect kick).
- In the case of a “bad” throw-in, the ball goes to the other team. There are no re-throws.
- A “hand ball” will not be called unless it is intentional or gives the team committing the foul an advantage. A good rule of thumb is to ask yourself: Did the hand play the ball or did the ball play the hand?
- No touching of the goalie will be permitted.
- Offside shall be called. There is a difference between being offside and being in an offside position. Please ask your Commissioner or the Referee Commissioner if you need clarification.
- Keep the players on their feet and discourage the use of slide tackles.
- There are 4 quarters of 15 minutes each.
- Teams alternate kickoff each quarter.
- Teams may substitute only on their possession during stoppage of play.
- Ball size is 4.